Most electric bikes you’ve probably seen have the motor in either the front wheel hub or the rear wheel hub.
Obviously this isn’t the only place a motor can go on an electric bike.
The new ebike range we have is the Kalkhoff and this one below is the Pro Connect B9.
You can see that it has the motor in the middle of the bike. This is called a crank drive.
The motor is made by Bosch and since there is more to say, here are the specifications for it;
- Shimano Acera shifter
- Concept crankset
- Bosch Performance Cruise 36V, 250 Watt crank drive motor
- Bosch Performance Line Lithium-Ion 36 Volt
- Gear ratio 18 front to 12-36 rear
- Brakes: Tecktro HD T285 hydraulic disc brake front and rear
- Tyres: Schwalbe Energiser Life 40-622
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Alivio
- Fork: Suntour NEX adjustable
- Headlight: AXA Echo15 LED
This is a new bike range to us so we don’t have a solid impression of it yet.
The battery attaches to the frame nicely and has a handle for easy carry. The battery can be charged while still attached to the bike or it can be removed and charged separately.
Integrated lights front and rear, and rear carry rack make it a nice choice for motoring around town.
One of the advantages of a crank drive bike is that the rest of the bike is an absolutely standard bike. Wheels and gearing are all standard components.
So pop in for a look if you are interested or give us a call or use the contact form below.